For those of you who do not know what Crusader Kings 2 (CK2) is, it is a medieval grand strategy game, where you play as a dynasty. You play one character at a time across successive generations. Of course there is much more to it than that, so much so it's hard to summarize. That is what makes the game so interesting though, it has both the aspect of a long viewed grand strategy title, but is so stuffed with details at the individual level it almost feels like an RPG at times. Between warring your neighbors, plotting to murder your cousin who wants your throne, and placating your vassals, you make marriage alliances, raise your children (though events) and hope you don't die of a horrible plague.
Well I know some people on this forum have ck2, so I had an idea which I have been kicking around for a while. Those that are interested will play a dynasty as a community.
It will work as follows. Player 1 is character in a dynasty. He will play the game until that character dies. When that happens he will save immediately, no matter what he is doing, and the next character in line will take over. If we wanted we could even play it with 2 people via multiplayer, and when a son is born the next player joins that game. To have the most time possible we will start at the 867 start date if we can.
Each player would be expected to take some screen shots, or notes and relay thier experinces here until we create a dynastic story.
So I will need 5 things,
1. names of interested players with steam account,
2. any DCL's you have/want to play with (stick to the major game play changing ones , Old Gods, Republics, Legacy of Rome, Sword of Islam, Song Of Abraham),
3.suggestion for a dynasty and/or kingdom to play as
4. any mods you want to include, or if you are vehemently against any mods.
5. The multiplayer or not suggestion as above.
Post whatever else you like, but if you can answer the questions in the following format
1. One Trick Pony http://steamcommunit...561197986785469
2. Legacy of Rome, The Old Gods, Sword of Islam, Republics,
3. I would suggest one of the Venetian Great houses, The House of Carpet, or Byzantium.
4. I would like to include the Somewhat More Historical Map
5. Well as I suggested it I am all for it, though I can see it being an issue with timezones.